cuckoo buds

Friday, July 1, 2011

6/30/11 Wal-Mart Trip :: COMPLETELY FREE

this graphic is (copyright 2011 Kate - The Coupon Faerie)
please obtain permission before using this on any other blog, website, etc.

Last Night aka really early in the AM, 6/30, I went to Wal-Mart after work and "purchased" 5 bottles of Men's Dial Lotion. I got the travel size for $0.97 each. My Mother had mailed me (5) $2/1 Dial Body Wash or Body Lotion coupons (thanks mom!!). For each bottle I purchased I received $1.03 in overage. Wal-Marts Customer Service Manager was the one that rang up my goods. After the second coupon she noticed that I would be going into overage. She had another associate run to talk to a manager higher than herself because she didn't know Wal-Mart's coupon policy about overage. While the associate was gone, I whipped out my Blackberry and did a "quick" Google search on Wal-Mart's coupon policy. Shortly before the associate returned I zoomed in on the page and showed the CSM that Wal-Mart's policy would allow the customer to either get cash back from the coupons or apply the overage to the rest of the basket. The funny part is, this CSM was the same one that was there last week when my husband and I got overage ($1.60) back on 8 pkgs of Tic Tacs! I don't use the binder system but almost feel that if I ever do get a binder that I definitely need to put a copy of their coupon policy in there because Wal-Mart managers and associates alike tend not to know their OWN coupon policy. It's very shocking to me in an area that is so heavily couponed that one of the biggest stores here doesn't even know their own coupon policy. Once the CSM read that part on my blackberry, she scanned my other 3 coupon and I received $4.66 back in CASH! My retail total before coupons was only $4.85. The overage on my coupons paid my $0.49 in tax as well!

Unfortunately this is not an item my Publix carries otherwise I would have rather purchased it from Publix. 

No comments:

Post a Comment