cuckoo buds

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

First Time Price Matching at Wal-Mart Sans the Ad

Hello this morning. I just wanted to tell you about an experience I had at my local Wal-Mart the other morning.
This trip amused me and at the same time frustrated me. My husband and I both had the day off and had stayed up late together catching up on t.v. shows and movies. I wasn't frustrated with Wal-Mart. We had started off saying "We'll go to Burger King, the drive-thru is 24 hours." We pull up to the drive-thru and try to order to Oreo sundaes (which at 3am, sounds delish). The worker on the other side of the speaker told us that their machine was down because they were cleaning it. Well, that's swell. That was the whole point of our trip! So we head over to the local McDonald's. When we pull up to the drive-thru (24 hours, yay?) they inform us that they only have specific items on the menu to order from and that they take cash ONLY. It's 3am, where I'm from, cash at that time of night/day is unheard of.. mostly because they would get robbed a lot (mind you, I am originally from a very large city!). We didn't have cash so we pulled away and felt dejected. Finally as a last resort I suggest the local Wal-Mart that is 24 hours. I remembered that at our local Publix they had Edy's Ice Cream on sale this past week 2 for $7 ($3.50 each). Wal-Mart doesn't have the SELECTION of Ice Cream that our local Publix has. However, for this time of night, Wal-Mart's what's open. We'll make do. We get up to the cash register (having also picked up some more clearance note cards and convincing my husband to also purchase another copy of All You magazine) and the cashier goes to scan it and I hesitantly say that I would like to price match the Edy's to Publix price. I did not have the ad on me. I did not even have my purse, cell phone, binder, etc. on me. We were just supposed to get ice cream. This wasn't supposed to be rocket science! But our Wal-Mart cashier was sweet and price matched the ice cream without any problems and WITHOUT THE AD. This was my first time price matching without the ad. I wasn't sure if they would even do it but was thrilled that they did! This was a very pleasant experience with Wal-Mart and I was deeply surprised! Not all trips end this awesome. We ended up getting Edy's Vanilla Bean ice cream which was paired nicely with the sprinkles I had waiting at home for me! Needless to say, the whole half-gallon was gone (vanished!) within 12 hours of us buying it.

No comments:

Post a Comment