cuckoo buds

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Bad Experience at Family Dollar

I just got done emailing Family Dollar at Corporate Level with the awful experience I had today.. here's what I wrote:

Type: Customer Feedback - Store Related 
First Name: Kate 
Last Name: xxxx 
Address: xxxx
City: Gulf Shores 
State: Alabama 
Zip Code: 36542 
Phone #: xxxx
E-mail Address: thecouponfaerie@gmail.com 
Message: Hello. I noticed you had a FABULOUS find this week in your ad, which made me over the moon happy. I clipped all of my coupons and took them to my nearest store. I wanted to make sure that I had the store correct (as I have gotten Family Dollar confused with Dollar General in the past and vice versa) for the appropriate sale, so I double checked with the ad at the front of the store. When I saw I had the correct store. I took a basket and went to the shelf and selected my items. Mind you, most stores have similar coupon policies so I didn't feel the need to have a copy of your policy in my binder before heading there. However, after the horrible experience I had this afternoon, I have printed myself a copy. The cashier and the MIC were both very rude to my husband and myself. You see, in the ad this week, Family Dollar has Cover Girl Queen cosmetic tools (i.e. toe separators, compact slant/point tip tweezers, and 10ct emery boards) on sale for $1 each. There were coupons out that were $1/1 and $2.50/2. When you combine the coupons with the sale at Family Dollar it makes for some wonderful and (almost) free stocking stuffers for Christmas. The coupons I have are for $1/1 and $2.50/2 ANY Cover Girl product(s). The cosmetic tools would fall under this category. It was reported on some of my affiliated blogs that the coupons wouldn't scan properly and that the cashier would have to manually enter them because the coupon didn't state which Cover Girl products they had to be used on. I tried to explain this to the cashier and then she got the manager involved. The manager tried to explain (in a very rude and condescending way, mind you) that I cannot use a $1/1 coupon on a $1 item because then I would be getting the product for free and I would only be paying tax. She also said I could not use the $2.50/2 coupons because it exceeded the purchase price of the products. Which is all fine and dandy, I understand that. But she refused to even adjust down the price because Family Dollar doesn't do free items. Except the coupon didn't state "for a free item" it stated $1/1 and the product just happened to be $1. I do not understand why I was treated like a criminal for using coupons. Family Dollar would have gotten reimbursed for every coupon used plus $0.08 per coupon for s&h. I don't really understand what the big deal is here and why this store would not accept my coupons. The Family Dollar coupon policy did not state that I could not use a $1/1 coupon with a $1 product resulting in just paying the tax on the item. The Manager in Charge condescendingly told me that Family Dollar would not allow me to use that coupon and if I wanted to use (3) $1/1 products, I needed to purchase (4) $1 items but I would not be allowed to use a 4th coupon on the fourth item. I do not enjoy being treated in this manner, when I am following the rules. My husband was also very displeased with the service. With the customer service I received this afternoon, it's no surprise why this store barely had customers in it. I hope to hear from you soon, Kate

Return to Contact Us page.

No comments:

Post a Comment