cuckoo buds

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Update: 5 Weeks Until Baby!

Hello Everyone,

I know it's been awhile since I've been on here steadily. I wish I had more energy during my third trimester but I just don't. :( I have been trying to keep busy and trying to get prepared for the impending arrival of my little one. My baby bump feels like it is getting bigger with every passing day. I feel my little girl moving around quite a bit though I think her quarters are starting to get a bit cramped now. I cannot believe I only have  FIVE  weeks to go! We finally got her crib and assembled it. Although it was fairly easy to put together the directions weren't the best. We had the most trouble trying to assemble the footboard to sides. After several attempts by my husband to make it work I finally had the bright idea to flip the piece and see if the opposite side worked better. Sure enough, it did and we got the crib assembled. I also love the "mustache" at the bottom of the crib. I realize it's more like a flourish/design-thing but I thought it was great for us because my husband also wears a mustache. Last week, we also made a trip to Orlando for my husband's birthday and to purchase our Spoling Changing Table from IKEA. This changing table assembled fairly easily and folds up quite nicely. I actually have it in the folded position currently. I love all of it's pockets and features; not to mention what a steal it was! Ikea is 10x more affordable than Target, any day of the week! While we were at IKEA I also decided to purchase one of these Bastis Hooks (dog butt hooks) because I thought it looked very amusing and funny. I haven't figured out where to put it yet but I still think that it's amazing! My husband bought the baby a blue star light to go above her crib. Smila Stjarna Wall Lamp in the blue star variety. He got it for a much better deal than what is currently advertised for online. I'm still going to have to rework and move around pieces in my room to make everything work together. While there is quite a bit of room underneath her crib there is the terrible dilemma on how to access it.

My schedule for work flucuates quite a bit. Some weeks I have as many as 29 hours and others only 4. I wish the scale were a bit more even but some days I don't feel much like being there -- usually on the days the baby decides to be cranky. I am also not getting much sleep at night (can you tell?) as a result of not being able to get comfortable and the baby also LOVES to move around as soon as I lie down. The good news is, my fluffy yellow dog sleeps on the bed with me and the baby LOVES to snuggle him.. and kick him in the back. If I tuck the dog like a wedge underneath me I can usually get an hour or two of solid sleep. I usually wake up needing to go to the bathroom and when I get back the dog is nestled elsewhere on the bed, refusing to move and I am SOL. The dog sleeps just as restlessly as I do so it's understandable. He's always very good to both the baby and I and loves to snuggle us outside of our room.

In other news, as you know I've taken up knitting {again} and while I've been making a TON of baby headbands and flower attachments that correspond together I decided this past evening that I wanted to try my hand at this CUTE zig zag blanket pattern I found. I want to make it for a special little boy in my life named Logan. He is my belated best friend's son. It's unfortunate at the tender age of 2.5/3 yrs old he is having to battle cancer. While he is at Wolfson's Children's Hospital in Jacksonville (one of the best children's hospitals around), I know it's tough on his family for him to be going through a serious ordeal such as this so soon in his life. The last time I saw Logan is the day and the days following his birth. Unfortunately, my best friend, his mother, did not make it out of the hospital after giving birth. She died from complications of a C-Section. While he and his family our in our thoughts and prayers I am hoping that this blanket will come out well and it will be an item that will help him during this difficult and emotional time. Luckily, this kid is resilient and a fighter. We are not willing to let him go just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment